In the morning we had this delicious
Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
4 T butter, melted
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 T flour
1 T cinnamon
2/3 cups nuts (optional)
2 cups powdered sugar
5 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
With an electric mixer or stand-up mixer, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in 4 T melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 9x13" baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nuts until well combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoon and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center. Place powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm (we like it straight out of the oven) or at room temperature.
was the ticket for the afternoon snack...
1 (18.5 oz) package yellow cake mix (do not use the pudding in the mix type)
2/3 cup sugar
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 (6 oz.) package vanilla pudding mix
1 tub non-dairy whipped topping
flaked or shredded coconut
1. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch cake pan, bake the cake according to package directions.
2. Put holes into the top of the cake (use toothpicks or wooden skewers)
3. Mix pineapple and sugar then pour over cake.
4. Cook the pudding according to the package directions and pour over cake. Chill in refrigerator.
5. Spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle coconut on top.
6. Keep refrigerated.